Saturday, March 21, 2009

Week 9-Spring Break

I did not get to do much research during Spring Break, but I got plenty of ideas on how I might try to work my ethnography. One of the things that I think I need to do is get interviews with people who go to the gas station and get their point of view, why that is Bowles gas station is a fixture in our community. Then I can take footage of him and his sons working at the station, along with an exploration of the station itself. Another idea that I came up was to do a montage of my hometown, of the past memories and experiences that I had along with a poem for narration. This would be a creative piece and I think it would be easier in the long run. I just need some feedback on which one I should go for.

1 comment:

  1. I really like both, Wade. But i think you are right: the personal/creative piece might be more doable in the short run. And an amazing piece in the end, I think.

    I LOVE the idea of getting some of your poetry (re)mediated--presenting this amazing stuff in new media seems like an excellent choice to me.

    ReplyDelete